In the Charge theme, we optimized images correctly for both desktop and mobile users to ensure your images create a better experience in your store on multiple devices.
Before you look through image sizes used in the Charge theme, here you can learn about the website image guidelines by Shopify. You will see the recommendations for the best image size for websites.
Please note, that in the Charge theme demo, we adhere to the image standards within the acceptable range offered by Shopify. You can always edit image sizes according to your wishes but in the permitted range.
Charge theme images sizes
- Slider images: 1920x673
- Banner image: 291x223 (in Multicolumn section)
- Popup banner image (Overlay): 400x400
- Featured collections (when the Magazine cover's used): 280x410
- Section Text with the image (Modern Gadgets): 822x576
- Blog Posts images: 720x480
- Footer Contact: 192x241
- Product image. Shopify typically recommends using 2048 by 2048 pixels for square product photos. We have different image sizes such as 1000 - 940. See the image below. Still, you can download the image with the size 800 - 2048. Please note that for zoom functionality to work, your images must be more than 800 by 800 pixels.
It is important to remember
Shopify recommends using JPEG standards for product images and PNG for logos, trims, and borders. They are considered to be perfect because of quality and the image effect on page load times. Shopify converts all images in the WebP and AVIF formats on their server-side whenever browsers support it. WebP files are up to 30% smaller than their .jpg or .png equivalents.
It's possible to verify the image format uses in a network panel.
Please always choose the appropriate image quality and dimensions as well.